Friday, March 30, 2012

Fancy Pants Running

I recently took up running.  Fancy, right?  My fancy friend lost a ton of weight and asked me to run a 5K with her.  In an effort to support her and gain a "Run Like a Mother" t-shirt, I agreed.


The plan was to download the C25K training app and use it to ... train.  


The first week was fine.  The second week was okay-ish until the last day when my knee started hurting.  My heel started hurting.  


When I put on my sneakers for Week 2 Day 3, my knee immediately began hurting and my right heel started aching.  I did something radical... I took off my shoes and ran barefoot on the concrete sidewalks around the block.


Crazy thing?  No knee pain.  No heel pain.  My feet wondered why the hell I got a pedicure that rubbed off their protective calluses.  My calves wondered what I had against them.  


I ran barefoot again yesterday.  Then I bought a pair of Vibrams.  They feel like foot gloves, super fancy comfy.


Tomorrow is Week 3 Day 2.  I'll let you know.


Although, I do feel all fancy and stuff with my stupid shoes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment