Saturday, August 18, 2012

Let Me Tell You What Is Not Fancy...

remodeling a bathroom and walking in to find BOY PEE on the floor and all over the toilet.

This Fancy Lady is now waging a war on her sons and their... aim.

I remember being a kid and loathing using the bathroom I shared with my brothers.  It had a terrible odor.  I used my parents' bathroom, even though my mother constantly shooed me out and insisted I use the kids' bathroom.  That was one of the few instructions I regularly ignored.  The kids' bathroom stunk to high heaven.

The origins of the smell remained a mystery to me until I became a mother of two boys.  That nasty odor is urine.  Urine.  Pee.  Piss.  >gag<

So, what's a mother of sons to do?  First, I tried insisting they sit.  I might as well have told them to wear pink and bows and sign up for beauty scholarship pageants for their reactions.  Second, the bathroom is now stocked with vinegar spray and paper towels.  If they can't figure out their ... issues... at least they will master how to clean a commode and the surrounding floor.

And, yeah, I've been stalking them.  Every time I hear a flush, I march my happy self down the hall and do an inspection.  I am turning into "that" mom.  I do not care.  Just put it on the list of ways I've damaged their precious psyches.

Lord love a duck.


No comments:

Post a Comment