Our youngest finally - FINALLY - has her first loose tooth. Actually, she has two loose teeth. While I could wax philosophical about how my baby is losing her first teeth, I cannot.
She permanently damaged her top three teeth when she was two years-old. She was jumping on her brother's bed, slipped, and fell. She slammed her chin on the top of the headboard and her upper teeth bit deeply into her lower lip. The impact damaged the top three teeth. Within a week the teeth needed pulling. Those three teeth are in a baggie in my freezer, waiting for the day she asks where they are and if the tooth fairy can get them.
I cannot tell you the number of times she has asked me if she could have her teeth back in her mouth. Numerous well-meaning people have asked her about those teeth. Some sing "All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth". It makes her embarrassed and uncomfortable. In fact, when her new Kindergarten teacher called this week to introduce herself, she asked if there was anything she should know. I shared the story of the teeth and my girl's desire for a) the return of those teeth and b) discomfort with people asking her about those teeth.
How do I feel about the two loose bottom teeth? Relieved! New teeth come in soon and those top teeth will come in soon after. Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment