No children were hurt in the making of this true story:
Two kids were in bed (supposedly) sleeping and one watched TV. Feeling mostly secure no one would need the kids' bathroom for a little while, I sprayed the nasty bits again with serious chemicals. I then closed the bathroom door, completely convinced I would be back in there before anyone would decide to use the potty or get a drink from the bathroom.
Then I heard the bathroom door shut. Without even thinking about it... I RAN down the hall to prevent one of my babies from ingesting CLR or whatever else it was I used. I. RAN. As in, I took off like one of my babies was on fire, running down the hall.
A child had opened the door, thought it smelled bad and shut the door again.
The bathroom? Cleaner.
Me? I am limping. I took a Norco for bedtime 30 minutes before I decided to clean. My foot hurts like a mother. Even on Norco, my foot hurts like a mother. Sigh.
I am an idiot.
I can't believe I ran RAN RAN ran down the hall. Running forced my recovery back a couple weeks. Filth, flarn, flarn, filth.
Whoever thinks the pull to protect their kids is not innate is a fool.
I may be Fancy, but I'm also a mother. Evidently the latter trumps the former.
Oh - and before you ask - why was the bathroom so disgusting? Believe it or not, the motions required to clean properly require more of the foot than imagined. Try placing a small pebble or a piece of stick in your shoe and notice how many ways certain motions irritate your foot. Needless to say, cleaning properly has not been on the short list of activities around here. The kids try their best, but their cleaning skills still lack thoroughness. Eh.
No comments:
Post a Comment