Sunday, July 15, 2012

Is Jumping on a Shovel Zero-Impact Exercise?

Reality check for the Fancy Lady.

Yours truly moseyed outside and investigated the sprinkler system.  I'm flummoxed.  The wet spot is on the side of the house and runs laterally along the crest of the hill.  That is zone 3.  Zone 3 has working sprinkler heads.  The front of the lawn is zone 2.  Zone 2 is not getting any sprinkler action at all, despite all the other zones working.  I turned on zone 2 and removed a sprinkler head at the top of the slope and the line was dry at that junction.

Honestly, I do not understand sprinkler systems well enough to solve the mystery.  My dad and I suspect the break along the lateral line on the side of the house is preventing the water pressure from building and popping up the sprinkler heads in zone 2.  The wet "spot" is actually about 10 feet long - that translates into a heck of a lot of digging.

And honestly, if I must be honest with myself, I have no business jumping on a shovel in an effort to unearth the break in the line.  I have been instructed (several times) to lay off putting undue pressure on the foot.  If my instructions disallow walking around the block, surely navigating an incline while hopping on and off a spade is off limits, too.  

Stupid left foot.

This is when I wish we were good friends with a local handyman who could come over and help out of the kindness of his heart.  Oh, well.  This is what the yellow pages are for - to find help, not friends.

Oh, the Fancy Lady is so funny.  Hobbled, but funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment