Giles flies out this morning for two weeks. Giles' Anonymous Offspring and I have two full weeks to fill. I suspect we'll spend time at the water park, visiting with friends, laying around watching TV and playing games, possibly running to the library every few days. There will probably be a great deal of baking.
What would be nice now would be a nap. This fancy lady has been up since 4:45 AM when she bolted out of bed remembering her second child did NOT make it over to an out-of-town friend's house last night to feed and let out the dogs. Thankfully, their human mama left the house at 4 PM and fed/let them out for a bit before she left town. When we walked in their door at 5 AM, there was no evidence of doggie foul play. Whew! No spots, no destruction, just hungry pooches who needed to potty. Child let them out, played with them, fed them, let them out again, then closed up for the day. Child will head over again mid-day to repeat the process. Oy. Oy. Oy. This is the first time child has ever forgotten to run over to care for the doggies - and I suspect the last. Child was deeply concerned when we got there this morning that they would be distressed or had been destructive.
And on that happy note, I'm going to find the sweet spot on the couch and read a book. Any takers on how quickly I'll fall asleep - or how long it will take for me to hear, "Mama"? Didn't think so.
Let the two weeks begin. I miss Giles already.
No comments:
Post a Comment