Monday, May 7, 2012

Lying Around Ain't Fancy

Resting the left foot continues.  Blah.  After attempting exercises to keep the rest of me toned, I finally came to the conclusion that just about everything forces some kind of pressure on my foot.  Therefore, I will suck it up, behave myself, and get back in shape when my foot heals.  This marks the beginning of week 3?  If the calculations are correct, in 1-3 weeks, I should be up and at 'em.

In the interim, my Kindle and I have made friends again.  Yesterday I read Bring on the Blessings, a Christian novel.  I forgot how much I love to read.  Isn't that silly?  How does one forget she loves to read?  The book reminds me of Neta Jackson's Yada Yada Prayer Group with a dash of Jan Karon's  Mitford Series.  Bring on the Blessings is a lay around, get close to the characters, get reminded of how God is in the works, and lack of serious tension book.  I loved it.

And, yes, I did say "lack of serious tension" book.  "Suspense" and "thriller" are not in my current must-read vocabulary list.

Any book suggestions for me?  I have a couple more weeks of foot rest ahead of me.  (Blah)



No comments:

Post a Comment