Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I'm not running today.  Poo!  I am on the couch resting the cantankerous foot and the goal is to behave.

Babbs is running this morning and I am SO PROUD OF HER!  She has a reputation in her home as being a "starter" and not a "finisher."  This breaks that pattern.  She started, got people involved, trained her hardest, and is running this morning with a small crowd.  That's amazing and beautiful and I am so proud of her.

Instead of corralling the family to join me across town for Run Like a Mother, they are taking care of me at home.

Giles brought me a piece of cheap white birthday cake yesterday.  Friends, that is love.  I *heart* cheap white birthday cake with white frosting.

The kids asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day.  My answer?  No fighting.

In addition to that, they are making me a bodacious breakfast, a dessert, and have plans throughout the day.  My oldest just made a waffle and prepped it how he likes it: lots of butter, with syrup and honey.

How loved am I?

Have a great Mother's Day, friends.  May you also have a day showered with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment