In this case, "fancy" also means "rare."
I spoke with the orthopedic surgeon yesterday. He had a chance to speak with the ankle/foot specialist in his practice. After looking at the x-rays, CT scans, and bone scan, they agree the first radiologist was correct and believe I have melorheostosis.
What exactly is melorheostosis? Well, it is very rare and very unusual and something most doctors only read about in medical school and never, ever see in their practices.
That's how fancy I am.
What now?
First, it is currently believed the pain is still running-injury related and wearing the boot for the next 4-6 weeks will help my foot heal.
Second, I have been referred to a Muscular Skeletal Oncologist to verify the diagnosis.
Chances are very good I've had melorheostosis from birth and we only see it now because I injured the left foot running. That would be a good thing. It would be bad if it just appeared and is growing. I think.
At any rate, we'll know more later.
Well.
At least I'm legitimately fancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment