Shameless Mother Brag
My oldest children (upper and mid-elementary) can feed themselves breakfast and make their own school lunches. Nine times out of ten they do not need reminding or prompting or urging to do so. In fact, I have learned they do better if I stay out of the way in the mornings and let them run their own show.
Case in point: This morning at 6:40 AM, I heard stirring in the kitchen. They have: fed the pets, fed themselves, made their lunches, brushed their teeth, put on their shoes, completely assembled themselves, and are now perched in front of "Phineas and Ferb." It is 7:20 AM. They do not need to walk out the door until 7:40 AM.
What have I been doing? I have been sitting in my bed, drinking coffee, and reading the news on the internet - and listening like a hawk.
No comments:
Post a Comment